Welcome to Coastsider Forum BETA

Coastsider Forum is still in development, but we’re working to get it ready soon.

Coastsider Forum is a place for conversations about our community. We’ve set up the site so that Coastsiders can get to know one another and discuss the issues they care about most.

Please create an account using your real name and start contributing.

If you have any questions or comments about the beta test, you can post replies to this topic.

1 Like

So far (after less than an hour, but reading several articles, replying to a couple, and posting one new one), I’m liking the new interface.

Minor improvement: I don’t see the point in having screen names since our real name is posted as well. In your case (Barry) I see the value since you have “administrator” after your name but mine, for example, “Darin Darin Boville”, doesn’t really work.

Otherwise looking good.

–Darin

@Darin, agreed mostly.

That’s one of the things I don’t have a lot of control over, and turns out to be trickier than you might think.

However, if your user name and full name are the same (e.g. @barryparr and Barry Parr), it only shows your user name. User names are useful, because if you precede them with at @, you can link to their profile card, and they’re notified of a mention.